Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No matter the cost...............

Hi,
I again don't know exactly where to begin. Kind of a continuing trend of learning to lean, going on. Learning alot about how to posture my heart before the Lord and to sit at his feet. Learning that the knowledge of the man Jesus is what I need more than the knowledge of the life of. Does that make sense? I am to pursue his heart, find out what makes him smile, what makes him cry, what his favorite thing about me is, etc. Not that the other things aren't necessary, they are vital. However, if I give all I have to the poor, become the wisest biblical scholar, surrender my life to the cause of Christ but do it all with out Love, it comes to nothing. God is love, Jesus is God, I need love, so I press on to know the height, depth, width, length of Love (God).
Still finding that the Lord is asking me to trust in the uncertainty of finance, direction and circumstance. He has given me peace amid all this. It is a day to day battle though. You have to fight for peace, and pursue it. It doesn't just happen. God will give above and beyond our wildest imagination, but He insists we ask for it.

Malachi 3:10-12
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit, says the Lord Almighty. Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land, says the Lord Almighty."

So, test him. I have. Still waiting, but trusting that he is going to blow me away with his goodness. God is good, and he is faithful, even when we are faithless.

God bless,
Stephanie

No comments: