Monday, December 3, 2007

old aquaintance, new friend

Growing up in a missionary family, i have met a lot of people. With moving around so much i didn't get close to very many of them though. I have had more than one Bible my whole life. I have been aquainted with it, but have come to realize my relationship with the words on those pages isn't as deep as i thought.
Back home i hardly ever took my Bible with me to church. I just read from the pew Bible or off the screen on the wall. A couple nights ago my apartment made Christmas cookies for a nursing home nearby and i helped look up verses to attach to the cookie packages. Well, we left for the prayer room and once i got there found that i left my Bible on the coffee table. Normally that wouldn't bother me too much. For one, there is nothing normal about ihop. Second, when you spend a minimal of 6 anywhere to 12 hours a day with someone, you get attached. So, i found that i actually have developed some sort of bond with the Word of God at my finger tips. I was kinda lost. I sang and prayed and looked through notes, but still felt like i left a friend behind:)
I have always searched for a friendship that would be strong and outlast any move i made, or be there for anything when i needed it. All along ignoring the best friend a girl (or guy) could have.
My encouragement to you, .... become dependant, love sick and driven to run with God. Whatever you do, don't become comfortable and satisfied with being "aquainted".
Keep pursuing Him,
Steph Queen

No comments: